Monday, September 24, 2012

Homemade Baking Mix

Locations of Site VisitorsI used to make this all the time when we lived in Avon.  I think I lost the recipe when we moved, and didn't think of it for a long time.  I was happy to find this one today.  So I'm putting it on my blog where I won't lose it.  I use baking mix for biscuits, short cake, and dumplings.  I usually add herbs and Parmesan cheese to the biscuits and dumplings.  My family loves chicken and dumplings.

Frugal Tip: Homemade Baking Mix

http://homefront.prudentliving.com/frugal-tip-homemade-baking-mix/
September 24, 2012
Did you know you can make your own “better than Bisquick” recipe at home? It’s very easy and you can store it in your freezer or refrigerator and it will be good for 2-3 months. A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago, you can use it in any recipe calling for Bisquick such as biscuits, muffins, pancakes, waffles or any other type of dish.
Ingredients:
In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together. Mix thoroughly.
Combine all dry ingredients.
Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the mix is the consistency of corn meal.
Cut shortening into dry ingredients.putting it on my 
Place the mix in a covered container and keep it in a cool, dark place. In warm weather it should be refrigerated. I keep my container in the refrigerator. Makes about 13 cups. Remember to label your container with the date!
Store in a covered container.
LearningTheFrugalLifeRaisingHomemakersFrugallySustainableTheThriftyHome,WeAreThatFamily,  JugglingActMama, Thrifty101
Link to On The Home Front
Just copy and paste the code above!

No comments:

Post a Comment