Sunday, June 28, 2020

Hamburgers in Mushroom Gravy

I've been getting recipes from a Facebook group that share old fashioned recipes.  I wrote them in a composition notebook, but I thought it would be best if I put them on my blog so I can find them when I'm traveling.

1 lb beef, ground
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 onion, diced
Adobo
Worcestershire sauce to taste
minced garlic


Mix burger and all above.  Shape into burgers and fry until a really nice brown crust forms.

1 box beef broth
1 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
brown gravy mix - as much as needed according to directions to match with the beef broth. Should end up like a thin yogurt consistency when cooked.

Combine broth. gravy mix and mushrooms in a pan and simmer until cooked, seasoning to taste.

Put burgers and gravy in a dutch oven.  Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with mashed potatoes, toast, noodles, rice or grains


No comments:

Post a Comment