Thursday, January 19, 2012

Indian Fried Rice

Locations of Site Visitors
1 cup uncooked regular rice
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter or Ghee
1/2 cup raisins, optional (I like the white raisins)
2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds

Cook and stir rice and onion in Ghee until rice is yellow and onion is tender.  Stir in raisins, bouillon, curry powder, and salt.  Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 qt casserole.  Stir in water.  Cover and cook in 350 degree oven until liquid is absorbed, 25 - 30 minutes.  Stir in almonds.
I've made this since BC (before children).  It's from my Betty Crocker International Cookbook that I got in the mid 1980s.  I like this rice with yogurt chicken.  Irene and Lizzie Bowe are here for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment