Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

When I was in Kindergarten, my teacher was Mrs. Saddlemire.  She had been my Dad's Kindergarten teacher, too.  Bart says she had 11 children.  One day she brought in pumpkin pies for our class.  I loved it, but afterward, no-one else's pumpkin pie was as good - or even any good.  Then I found the Comstock recipe, and fell in love with pumpkin pie again.  

2 pie crusts
29 oz canned pumpkin
2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
425 degrees for 15 minutes,
350 degrees for 35-40 minutes

I even found a recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice.  I think I made a link to it.  Go check if you like.  
I also made Maple Pecan Pie again.  I bought 10 pounds of pecans online for $70 including shipping.  I put them in 3 gallon ziplock bags and froze them.  
I also slow cooked a big pork butt roast and will shred and freeze most of it for Bart's 50th Birthday party on October 8th.  We're inviting friends from his work, plus both of our parents are coming out from Berne.  We'll make fresh apple cider and have a bonfire.  His real birthday is the 11th, and we'll go out to North Shore for drinks and pub grup with friends that night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment