Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Bread Deluxe




This is terrific, and I would make it to give as a gift!  I used homegrown pumpkin, so it was a bit more fibrous than the canned stuff, but I think that made it even better.  I got the recipe from my old Good Housekeeping Cookbook (1986) that I found at a thrift store.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9" by 5" loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients.  In medium-sized bowl, beat eggs with pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup and salad oil; stir into flour mixture just until flour is moistened.  Gently stir in raisins and pecans.  Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan.
3. Bake 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.  Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment